Costume sales for pets have never been higher, so we’re willing to assume that pet owners are also interested in great kitten- and pooch-friendly holiday treats, too. As always, the excellent people at ASPCA have some ideas, and since they’re the experts, you know you can trust them to keep Mittens healthy and happy this Halloween.
Whether you’re just whipping these up for your own furry children or throwing a pet-friendly party, ASPCA has your four-legged friends’ snack options covered.
Halloween Cat Cookie
Your kitties will love the fishy flavor of these tasty treats.
1/4 cup warm water
5 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons soft margarine
1 Tablespoon cod liver oil
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup soy flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine water, cheese, margarine and oil.
3. Add flour and form dough.
4. Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with small holiday cookie cutters.
5. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Not a cat-lover? How dare you. That’s okay! There’s a great recipe for puppy-specific treats, too. Link
Photo via nyminxon Flickr